5 Tips to Prepare Your Roof from Storm Damage
Is your roof prepped to withstand a storm? It’s a homeowner’s top priority to protect the roof from wind damage. Wind can easily get inside the damaged portion of your roof and tear the shingles away. This means you’re going to have an expensive repair bill in the upcoming days. Preventing this riding hag requires taking action at the right time.
You need to make sure your roof is prepared so that it can resist the worst of weather. If you live in the state of Oklahoma, you should consider hiring the best roofing company in Tulsa to help you before a heavy storm hits.
Tips to Prepare Your Roof from Storm Damage
- The Fall is the season when winds whip up and start traveling, putting roofs at risk, especially when they are partially damaged. Therefore, it’s essential to have an inspection before everything happens. The inspection will easily identify the areas that need to be repaired. You can contact a professional Tulsa roofer in this regard.
- Keeping the gutters and downspouts clean is essential. This will help you prevent water flowing off your roof. If they’re clogged, be sure to fix them at the earliest. If there is any problem, do not hesitate to hire a professional roofer.
- If there are trees that have been extended over the house, make sure to trim them. High winds can easily break tree branches which will ultimately fall over your roof and cause damage.
- Debris over the roof can easily wash off into the gutters and ultimately clog them. Therefore, it’s important for you, especially before the storm kicks off, to check whether there are ruins left or not. You can also call in the best roofing company to help you with an inspection.
- If it’s a winter storm, it’s equally dangerous too. Frozen branches can easily be broken down. As soon as the snow melts, an icedams can form. You can consider installing ice dam shields in this regard. This will be your first line of defense.
Find the Right Roofing Company
If you live in Tulsa and are looking to find a roofing company, you should prefer All American Roofing. We’re your roofing expert in the state of Oklahoma. Our professionals have years of experience in this job. Give us a call to schedule an appointment.